Oku Hanako’s ninth album, titled Haruka Tooku ni Mieteita Kyou / 遥か遠くに見えていた今日 (“Today When I Could See Far in the Distance”), has been released! I missed posting all the status updates in the past month, so I’ll cover everything here.
The album comes in two editions: the regular edition and the limited edition. The limited edition comes with a DVD.
Here are the album covers:
The final track list:
- Rainy day
- Koi no Hajimari / 恋のはじまり (“Beginning of Love”)
- Ai to Iu Takaramono / 愛という宝物 (“A Treasure Called Love”)
- Propose / PUROPŌZU / プロポーズ
- Kanojo / 彼女 (“Her”)
- 365 Nichi no Hanataba / ３６５日の花束 (“365-Day Bouquet”)
- Kimi no Hana / キミの花 (“Your Flower”)
- Honobono Ikou / ほのぼの行こう (“Let’s Go Warm the Heart”)
- Omoide ni Nare / 思い出になれ (“Become a Memory”)
- Saigo no Kiss / 最後のキス (“Last Kiss”)
- Ice Cream / AISU KURĪMU / アイスクリーム
- Stamp Rally / SUTANPU RARĪ / スタンプラリー
- Haruka Tooki ni / 遥か遠くに (“Towards the Distance”)
Already released in previous singles were “Ai to Iu Takaramono“, “Kimi no Hana“, “Omoide ni Nare”, and “Saigo no Kiss”. “Honobono Ikou” were previously released online. “Rainy Day” is a re-arrangement of her 2003 indies song. “Propose” is the CM song for a December 2016 MAST commercial.
The DVD in the special limited edition comes with:
- “Kimi no Hana” Music Clip
- “Saigo no Kiss” Music Clip
- Making of “Haruka Tooku ni Mieteita Kyou”
- “Omoide ni Nare” Image Clip
In addition, the first buyers received a poster. Five different versions were available, and which one you got depended on where you made your purchase.
I don’t have a song for today, but I do have a digest (“cross-fade”) video:
This is very exciting! I like the direction of this album; the style seems to be more polished, more complete, more solid than the previous two albums. It sounds like most of these are moderately arranged on average, though it sounds like “Haruka Tooku ni” might actually be hikigatari piano. In contrast, “Kanojo” sounds like there might not be any piano. Regardless, I think I’m going to really like this album.
What about you? What are your initial thoughts?